Halloween is the time for all things spooky and scary. Right now, they're selling haunted houses in M&S and skeletons in Sainsbury's. So, as a tarot reader, this is a great opportunity to turn to those decks with that little extra scream factor. These are the top ten decks from my tarot library that I'll be delving into as the October nights draw in.
1. Ghosts & Spirits Tarot
Ahhh, so this is the deck keeping the Halloween Tarot off the top spot. Why the Ghosts & Spirits? Well, if only for that one card, the Five of Swords, showing Tam O'Shanter himself speeding away from the witches. This isn't what the guide book says but the beauty of the tarot is that you can create your own associations with the cards and this deck gives you ample opportunity to conjure up all sorts of spooks for the season.
1. Ghosts & Spirits Tarot by Lisa Hunt, published by U.S. Games Systems Inc
2. The Halloween Tarot by Kipling West, published by U.S. Games Systems Inc
3. Santa Muerte Tarot by Fabio Listrani, published by Lo Scarabeo
4. The Darkness of Light Tarot by Tony DiMauro, Wavelength Laboratory LLC
5. Dark Wood Tarot by Sasha Graham and Abigail Larson, published by Llewellyn
6. Trionfi Della Luna Paradoxical by Patrick Valenza, Deviant Moon Inc.
7. The Bohemian Gothic Tarot by Alex Ukolov and Karen Mahoney, Baba Studio
8. Deviant Moon Tarot by Patrick Valenza, published by U.S. Games Systems Inc
9. Tarot Z by Alejandro Colucci, published by Lo Scarabeo
10. Tarot The Bones Arcana by Junaid Mortimer @jumo.art